VE Day 75th Anniversary resources
From Staffordshire County Council:
How to celebrate VE Day 75 from home
Tomorrow, we celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day. Yes, we're staying at home to save lives, but this doesn't stop us joining in with the celebrations online or at home.
Here's just a few ideas for how you can get involved:
- Following the two minute silence at 11am, the Royal British Legion will be hosting a VE Day 75 livestream, sharing stories and memories from those who served during the Second World War.
- At 6:55pm, Leader of Staffordshire County Council, Philip Atkins, will join people across the country on social media in a ‘Cry For Peace Around The World’.
- Later in the evening, at 9pm, people are invited to enjoy a moment of celebration and thanksgiving by taking part in a televised UK-wide rendition of Vera Lynn’s ‘We’ll Meet Again’.
- Staffordshire’s libraries service will be joining in commemorations throughout the day with war poetry readings, e-book recommendations, sharing old photos, memories and chat on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
- The National Memorial Arboretum, which provides a focus for the nation’s remembrance and commemorations, also has a list of online activities.